Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Interim

Thursday, August 6, 2009--approx 9:00am, Phuket.

It's been five days since my last blog... I must repent. (that was for all my Catholic friends) ;)

Yesterday, I didn't have to teach, which meant I was free to do whatever I wanted after 12:30pm. And, although I had all day and tons of stuff I wanted to--needed to--get done (including posting a blog), I went back to my room to watch movies and sleep until this morning.

Why?! You might ask. When I have so much to experience and see and do, why is sleeping the first thing you do, once you have a chunk of free time? Well, I'll tell you: I chickened out. I was depressed. I felt lonely. I just wanted to hide... to pretend that I was somewhere familiar, near people who know me. I couldn't face myself, even, in a mirror.

I am okay now, and ready to talk about it... and I suppose it's normal and necessary to go through this phase when one leaves a place, leaves people. I think I remember it from when I moved from Nebraska, from Salisbury, and from Maryland... but it seemed different this time. More final. More distant. More pathetic.

Not knowing what has occured in the past few days, this blog may seem abrupt to you. And I promise to explain that which has kept me busy since Sunday... there's been so much! But now I must prepare for class, and for teaching this afternoon.

I hope you're all well. Much love from Thailand.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Nat! I really do understand that feeling of wanting to hide. I always found you to be (and was somewhat envious) a very confident woman. Chin up and take in all that this wonderfull opportunity is providing!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete